The device that started it all
This prosthesis suits amputees whose middle joint (or PIP) is still intact. Sturdy, yet elegant, the PIPDriver™ protects the amputation site against further injury or hypersensitivity, while also providing an individual with dexterity, grip strength, and articulation.
- Custom designed to fit comfortably and suit your essential daily needs
- Easy to clean, care for, don and doff
- Made from strong and durable medical-grade nylon 12
- Cage-like structure protects residuum
- Slender and sleek design allows for wearing of multiple devices
- Conforming silicone rubber tip pads resembling the natural fingertip
Candidates for the PIPDriver™ must meet the following criteria:
- AT LEAST 3/8” of the middle phalanx
- AT LEAST 60 degrees flexion in the PIP joint
If you do not meet these criteria, but you are still interested in the PIPDriver™, please have your prosthetist call our offices. We would be happy to discuss your case and determine if we have a workable solution for you.