Restore opposition and strength
The thumb is, arguably, the most important digit in the hand. This makes a functional solution for thumb amputees a very real necessity. Our MCPThumb™ prosthesis is designed to restore opposition and strength unique to this digit.
- Articulating positionable tip to suit patient’s daily grasps
- Durable stainless steel frame with interchangeable nylon components
- Soft, breathable, adjustable strap
- Silicon rubber surfaces for comfort grip
- Custom linkages contour tightly to patient's residual digit
- Dynamic MCP joint tracks natural motion of thumb for predictable function
Candidates for the MCPThumb™ must meet the following criteria:
- At least 3/8” residuum distal to palmar crease.
If you do not meet these criteria, but you are still interested in the MCPThumb™, please call our office. We would be happy to discuss your case and determine if we have a workable solution.